While we do love all the products in our shop, we have a few go to items that have been extremely helpful, useful and successful for us (and in turn for many others). We thought we would compile a short list of some of our favorite items and tell you why we love them so much.
Let's get to it.
1) Moby Wrap - This is by my favorite item in the shop. I have used my moby wrap for all 4 of my children and it has saved me so many times in the first few months. The Moby Wrap, while seemingly complicated, is actually quite simple to use once given proper instructions. I love this product because baby can be wrapped up close to your body and heart right from the day they are born. The package lets you know that you can use this wrap up until the baby is 35lbs, while this may be true, it definitely won't be comfortable. I recommend the Moby Wrap for the first 4-6 months with your baby. The wrap is the only carrier I recommend purchasing before you have your baby. 1) You can have it ready for those first days and 2) You can practice tying the wrap at home to become more comfortable with the carrier. For all other carriers I suggest waiting until baby is born and taking advantage of our Babywearing Tutorial and Trial so that you choose the carrier that fits you best.
2) Cuddle Bear - This is my husband's favorite item in the shop and it definitely tops my list. Made with 100o% wool, this is a breathable, natural and soft cuddle toy for your baby. Mom or dad can sleep with it a few nights to get your smell on the bear (perfect for increasing bonding!). The bear is flat making it the perfect first bear or lovey for your baby. Babies and young children can sleep on it like a pillow or can easily cuddle up with it. A well loved item by Scarlett, our third child.
3) Grimm's Stacking Rainbows - We love the versatility of these toys. Children of all ages love this toy. My 10 month old, 3 year old, 5 year old, and 7 year old all play with stacking toys and use them in such different ways. Use it as a bridge for cars, a unicorn pathway, or as a stacking mountain going high into the sky.
4) Sandy Cloth Diaper - It is well known to anyone that visits our shop that I have a soft spot for Mother-ease Diapers. While I do LOVE all the diaper brands we carry, I have stayed true to Mother-ease since the beginning. We purchased a set of Mother-ease diapers before I opened my shop and they have been our go to ever since. The Mother-ease Sandy is my personal favorite (Jamin prefers the One Size - he says it is easier to clean off the poop!). I love that it comes in several sizes and that it has a beautiful fit with excellent absorbency. These paired with an Mother-ease Air Flow Cover are a leak proof system. If you want to learn more about how many diapers you need and what to get started with, check our POST HERE.
5) Bravado Body Silk Seamless - The perfect pregnancy and nursing bra. Super comfy, easy to use, and grows with you (and your boobs). This is a huge seller for us and a favorite among volunteers, friends and new moms. Comes in 4 sizes - small, medium, large and extra large.
6) Bamboobino Fitted Crib Sheet - You and baby will love these soft, well fitting crib sheets. A must have and a favorite among all our customers. Once you have our crib size, you will be wishing they made adult sizes!
7) Monte Luca Glider - This incredibly comfortable glider will be perfect fit in your nursery or home. Made in Canada and free of harmful flame retardants, you can't go wrong with this gorgeous chair. If I could go back to my first baby and change one thing, it would have been to purchase one of these chairs! It would have been extremely useful over the years (and much more comfortable than my second hand wing back chair I found on Kijiji). Even better is that this glider can easily fit into any room in your home. This particular style from Monte was designed specifically for feeding moms so that you are in the best position for your body all the while maintaining comfort (no more achy backs and sore shoulders).
8) Camden Rose Wooden Bowl and Spoon - Handcrafted in the USA, this wooden bowl and spoon is the perfect size for baby and their first foods. Free of any harmful toxins from plastic, you will love feeding your baby. Luckily, babies don't need many bowls, so one solid, long lasting bowl is all you will need.
9) All Things Jill Sweet Pea Body Wash - We have been carrying this brand for close to 5 years and we will never let it go. Made in Canada with safe ingredients, this is the creme de la creme for baby body wash. A mild scent with minimal ingredients makes it the ideal wash for babies and children. We have several bottles of this scattered throughout our house for both bathing and handwashing. Ps. Body wash can also be used on babies as a shampoo! No need to buy a separate shampoo for little ones.
I know, I stopped at 9, weird right? But 9 is my favorite number so I figured the best way to create a list of my favorite things is to create a list with my favorite number! Hope you enjoyed our list. What are your favorite items you have purchased at our shop?