We are halfway through summer and we are slowly starting to think about Back to School. This brings either feelings of excitement (for those of us who are spending our summers at home with our children, in our case 4 of them) or feelings of sadness, nervousness or anxiousness (for those who are sending off their children to school for the first time).
Back to school can be a stressful time for many families and we are here to make it a little easier on you.
Here are 5 items that will be essential and useful in your back to school preparation.
1) Lunchbots Stainless Steel Containers - a shop favorite that come in a variety of sizes and styles. The Cinco Bento Box is definitely our most popular option, especially so for big eaters. The Quad and the Trio are smaller versions which are suitable for light eaters, young children or just for snacks. They also have a duo and uno available. The duo is fabulous for balanced lunches as you can put a snack on each side. The uno fits sandwiches perfectly!
2) Kids Konserve Nesting Trio or individual containers - These are all Leak Proof! They hold up well over time - we have had the same set for 3 years now (we haven't even had to replace the lids). They are the perfect addition to any Lunchbots System (the small 5oz actually fits perfectly inside the Cinco Bento, making it the ideal companion for applesauce, yogurt or wet foods). The Trioworks well instead of a bento if you want to send individual containers for your children. We will often pack the large one with a muffin and dried fruits. The medium size will have veggies and fruits. The small will have an applesauce, yogurt or homemade pudding inside. We will then use either a Litsie Sandwich Bag or Kids Konserve Insulated Jar with leftovers for the main meal.
3) Kids Konserve Insulated Food Jar or Lunchbots Thermos - both of these are perfect for storing leftovers, soups, chilis, rice and more. Both hold up well overtime and do not leak!
4) Klean Kanteen Water Bottle - The 12 oz Klean Kanteen is the perfect size for kids lunches. I can't say much more than the fact that these are awesome and you need one!
5) Dabbawalla or So Young Lunch Bags & Packs - We have used the sameDabbawalla bag for 3 years now with two of our children. The bags are made with neoprene making them durable and insulating. Because they are a soft material and do not have any rigid sizes or "insulating" foam material on the inside, they can be machine washed (over and over and over again!). So Young has recently revamped their lunch bags, cooler bags and backpacks. They are now made with a washable linen and can be thrown in the washing machine as well on a gentle cycle (no dryers!). We have used the So Young Back Pack with Ryann for 1 year and it has held up extremely well. I am certain we will get another 1-2 years out of it, if not more.
ps. If you are looking for something for your own lunch with all this container talk, the Cinco or the Kids Konserve Square Trio are perfect!
Stop in anytime during business hours (Monday through Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 10-4) OR call us at 613 344 0390 to discuss over the phone and place your order online.
Check out our video about how we use some of these products: