As a family with four kids, we have come to the conclusion that at some point in our life we will own everything. All the things. They will all belong to us along the way.
In all honesty though, we do our best to make smart decisions and choose products that are going to last so that we do not have to repurchase items over and over again.
Car seats and booster seats are area where we commit to ensuring the safety of our children. We strongly believe in the safety and health of our children and the planet. Our decisions impact all items that come into our lives.
Having 4 children means having lots of vehicle constraint systems. Currently in our vehicle, we have 4 different seats from Clek. Sadie is 3 years old and still rearfacing in the Clek Fllo, Scarlett is 5 and riding in the Clek Foonf, Ryann is 8 and riding in the Clek Oobr and Kohen is 10 and riding in the Clek Olli.
Kohen is 10 years old and is still using the Olli booster seat - most would assume that he should be out of a booster seat by now, but he only weighs 65 lbs and is quite short for his age.
Ontario’s Highway Traffic Act requires children weighing 18 kg to 36 kg (40 to 80 lb.), standing less than 145 cm (4 ft. 9 in.) tall and who are under the age of 8 to use a booster seat or allows the continued use of a forward-facing seat as long as the car seat manufacturer recommends its use. It’s best to keep your child in a booster seat until they reach the manufacturer’s recommended maximum weight and height limits.
Olli is an award-winning belt-positioning backless booster. It says to your 6-12 year-old that it’s still cool to be safe in the car. Olli boosts your child’s height ensuring that the vehicle’s seat belt fits them just right while an additional layer of padding eliminates numb-bum syndrome. Easily transportable from vehicle to vehicle and especially handy while traveling from airport to rental car or even the taxi.
The Clek UAS system locks the booster seat into place quickly and easily using your vehicle’s UAS anchorage system.
UAS (Universal Anchorage System) refers to the pair of fixed lower anchors built into the crease between the seat back and seat cushion. UAS comes standard in some vehicles manufactured in 2001 and 2002 and all vehicles in 2003 and newer.
If your vehicle does not have a UAS anchorage system, you can still use Olli unlatched.
Numb-bum is what happens when you sit on hard surfaces for long periods of time — even your legs fall asleep!The Olli is different: it’s built like the seat in your car. Our Comfort-cube construction includes an additional layer of padding that protects against numb-bum!As world-class seat manufacturers we want to put an end to numb-bum.The Comfort-cube is comprised of:
- Fast & Easy Install: Clek UAS connectors attach securely to your vehicle’s UAS anchors in 10 seconds (or less) in most vehicles.
- Quick Release System: Quick release system for easy removal.
- Protective Fabric: Fabric on the underside protects your vehicle seats from scratches or snags.
- Cup Holder: Detachable and dishwasher-safe.
- Light Weight: Weighs 2.5 kg for easy portability between vehicles, through the airport or walking through the city.
- Performance Fabrics: Crypton® Super Fabrics provide stain, moisture and bacteria resistance. The durable fabric is easy to clean while the seat cover is removable and hand washable.
- Easy Portability: Strap-thingy carrying strap included with all Olli seats for no-hands carrying convenience. Slip the strap over your shoulder while moving from point A-to-B and beyond.