Is your child outgrowing their 5 point harness car seat? Are you wondering if it is time to move to a booster seat?
Clek’s full back booster seat built just like the seat in your car but sized for your child. Its metal sub- structure and unique recline feature bring new “firsts” to booster seating.
Collisions happen from all angles. Oobr’s exclusive Elemental Safety System was engineered with front, rear and side impact protection in mind. Comprised of five structural safety elements, the Elemental Safety System systematically secures and protects your child.
Belt Guides - Improves belt positioning on your child’s hips and shoulders.
Energy-Absorbing Foam Layer - Absorbs energy in a side impact collision resulting in less force transferred directly to your child.
Structural Headrest with Deep Side Wings - Connects to the magnesium frame using steel rods to reduce twisting movements and improve head protection in a collision.
Magnesium Back Frame - Better contains the torso during a side impact collision and protects against vehicle intrusion.
Rigid Latch - Locks the booster seat into place using your vehicle’s UAS anchors to provide additional booster seat stability in a collision.
Adjustable Headrest - Adjustable headrest for custom fit as your child grows and padded side bolsters allow for comfortable naps
Reclining Seat Back - Helps keep your child safe and comfortable when falling asleep in the car — Slide the seat forward using the Rigid-UAS and the free-pivoting seat back provides up to 12 degrees of recline for sleeping comfort (recline mode is NOT available if using the seat unlatched)
Grows with your Child - Oobr adapts to your growing child with its removable back feature converting it to a backless booster. Ta-Dah!
Oobr Safety Highlights
- Raises your child 10 cm/4 in. to improve in-vehicle shoulder belt fit
- Better positions the seat belt on the child’s hips to improve safety
- Locks into place to provide additional booster seat stability in a collision
- Confirms that latches are locked with an audible “click”
- Provides a secure connection even when booster seat is not occupied
- Meets all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Rated a “Best-Bet” for four consecutive years by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
Did you know?
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading causes of death for children ages 3-14 in North America
- Children ages 4-8 who use booster seats are 59 percent less likely to be injured in a car crash than children who are restrained by safety belts alone
- New laws in place in most states and in Canada require the use of age-appropriate booster seats
Who should use a booster seat?
If you can answer yes to ALL of these statements your child is ready to move to a booster seat:
- There is a shoulder and lap belt
- The child is at least 40 lbs
- The child is at least 4 years old
- They can sit properly for the entire trip - no slouching, leaning over, or playing with the seat belt.
High back boosters will be helpful especially if your children continue to fall asleep in the car. They will offer safer positioning while sleeping.
Keep in mind: If your child still fits in the 5 point harness, keep them in their car seat. So long as they haven't outgrown the weight or height restrictions of their car seat, your child will be safer in their car seat. It may seem more convenient to move them to a booster but it is not necessarily safer.