Traveling with babies and young children can be challenging on it's own. But what if you are using cloth diapers?
Many families travel and go on vacation with their cloth diapers. We have done it many times and will continue to do so. Many families will also opt to use disposable diapers during their vacations and travel time as to avoid the extra hassle. Always do what feels right for your family!
If you are looking to travel with your cloth diapers and give it a go, here are a few tips and essentials that will make it much less complicated.
1) Do a test run for a short period of time. Try out an overnighter or a weekend first before venturing into a week or two week long vacation. The more practice you have the better.
2) Depending on where you are traveling, consider the number of diapers you own and how often you will have to wash your diapers. I can usually get away with a 3-4 day trip without having to wash my diapers. If we travel for any longer, I will need to wash them. Could you borrow a few diapers from friends or purchase a few extra to ensure you are washing less or can make it a day or two longer without washing?
3) Where are you going to wash your diapers? Will you be visiting family? If so, ask them if they have a problem with your diapers being washed in their machine. Otherwise, search out a laundromat that is close to your camp, hotel or location you will be staying. If you know in advance where and how you will be washing, it will make your trip much less stressful.
4) Bring along the essentials for traveling. Bummis Flushable Liners will be a life saver, along with a quality large wet bag (for storing your dirty diapers). You might also want our stain remover bar ;)
5) Will you bring cloths or disposable wipes? If bringing cloth wipes, be sure to have a water bottle on hand at all times to wet them!
Overall, try not to over think it all. Traveling with cloth can be easy and convenient if you are prepared and committed.