I love reading, like no other! I could read all day and all night. There have been many days where I have blatantly ignored all my children and husband while immersed in the depths of a book. Unmoving I sit there and stare at the pages, absorbing the details, information and story that the words create. Bliss.
I am not going to take credit for this idea. I came across an Instagram account (@tamarataggart) and noticed a beautiful of a bunch of women huddled together. It is there that I came across the Mindful Book Club. Genius right?
Instantly I knew it had to happen in Kingston. I called my husband to tell him about it - naturally we said in his most caring way - "that is awesome. Do it!" I could tell he was excited for me but not so much the idea of the group. He doesn't share the same passion for reading that I do.
So here it goes. Kingston moms need a book club. A book club for women who want to connect, share and build a community. This won't be your ordinary book club - this will be a club with a purpose. To learn, to grow and to change. To look inwards and outwards with the purpose of bringing about change - whether it be in ourselves, in our environment, in our community!
Books will be inspired by the environment, purposeful parenting, feeding families, ethical eating and agriculture, personal growth, industry, ethical living, and much more! Think big!
We will meet once per month. Our first meeting will be Tuesday June 21 and we will continue to meet the third Tuesday of each month. We will meet at Go Green Baby (293 Division Street) at 8:00pm.
Our first book will be: Last Child in the Woods, Richard Louv. Fitting for summer and the time of year we are entering. Let's find ways to connect outdoors and learn about the importance of nature in our lives!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in join our book club.
Examples of books that might be of interest:
- Overdressed - The Shokingly High Cost of Cheap Fashing, Elizabeth L. Cline
- In Defense of Food, Michael Pollan
- The Ominivors Dilemna, Michael Pollan
- The Now Effect: How This Moment Can Change the Rest of your Life, Elisha Goldstein
- Simplicity Parenting, Kim John Payne
- Project Animal Farm, Sonya Faruqi
- The Lorax, Dr. Seuss
- Into the Wild, Jon Krakauer
- The Gifts of Imperfection, Brene Brown
- Daring Greatly, Brene Brown
- Hands Free Mama & Hands Free Life, Rachel Macy Stafford
- The Life Changing Magic of Tyding Up, Marie Kondo