Since a child's first writing tool is usually a crayon, that crayon should be one that encourages them to use thumb, first and second fingers in a tripod grip.
This is what makes Crayon Rocks a wonderful tool for fine motor development. Because of their shape, they do not allow kids to easily grip them in a closed fist which deters fine motor development and are also more resistant to breaking.
Sixteen colours: red, pink, blue, sky, green, grass, dark yellow, light yellow, orange, peach, purple, light purple, brown, tan, black, gray in a cotton muslin bag.
- Crayon Rocks are all natural soy wax crayons made from USA grown soybeans and coloured with mineral pigments.
- The colours are vibrant and can be layered to make beautifully textured art work.
- They were designed to strengthen the tripod grip muscles, preparing fingers and hands for handwriting.
- The shape allows small fingers to colour in large, wide strokes creating pictures rich in colour.
- Used by occupational therapists to develop fine motor skills.
- Made of kosher soy wax in the USA.