These Thermohair socks are knit with loops of luxuriously soft 75% kid mohair and 25% nylon yarn. With unparalleled insulation and cushioning, they are the most comfortable, warm, durable socks that you will ever own. The therapeutic version lacks the 2 inches of elastic around the cuff for those who prefer nothing binding around the leg.
- Kid mohair is the hair sheared from the first 2 shearings of the young Angora Goats. It is not a wool. It is known for its softness, strength and warmth.
- Mohair is sometimes referred to as the “diamond fiber”, since it is luxurious as well as strong enough to wear out steel.
- Mohair is very insulating, protecting your feet from the cold and sub-zero outdoor weather.
- These socks are the most durable socks you will ever wear! There is no tougher natural fibre that can take the continual foot rubbing that occurs when you walk.
- Mohair wicks away moisture and can hold water many times its weight without your foot feeling wet.
- The socks are machine washable, but must be hung to dry.
- Last but not least, the socks are made of a renewable fibre, green before green was a common word.
- Made in Canada